Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

11.14.2010

Adventures with Lexi

Yesterday I had the pleasure of watching my insanely entertaining and immensely adorable niece Lexi for the morning.  I was prepared to captivate the terrific, two-year old this time.  The last time I watched her, it was at night so we just watched a movie and went to bed.

Yesterday, I got to spend some quality time with my favorite Smith toddler.  I had coloring books to color, magnets to paint and brownies to bake.  After 45 minutes, we had already completed the first two tasks and I was on my second cup of coffee.  Wow, did I underestimate how quickly we'd blow through those projects!  So, we watched Beauty and the Beast.
 
Then, we took a walk to the grassy area near our house.  The whole time Lexi was on her play phone with a friend telling them "what was goin' on".  At least when I asked her who she was talking to that's what she said.  :)  Then I got to listen to a narrative of our walk:  "Just goin' on a walk with Aunt Tory..."  "Lookin' at some birds."  "Tryin' to find da nest..."  Then, in the middle of the grassy wash, we found a pine cone.  I told her what a pine cone was and then looked around for a pine tree to point out, but strangely enough, there weren't any!  Who knows where our mysterious pine cone came from.  But we scooped it up and brought it home to apply shiny-ness and make an ornament.

We ended up coloring more and eating lunch and did not make brownies.

Painting magnets.

Oh yeah, I caved and let her have this before 9 a.m.! (sorry Jen!)

We did a lot of "looking" for Peanut.  We weren't chasing him though.  We were good! :)

"Dare he is!!!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...