Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

6.06.2009

I'm writing your eulogy.

For some reason, I sometimes think about what I would say about my friends and family at their funeral if they were to ever pass away.

It often happens when one of them has imparted an invaluable grain of wisdom upon me and I think "I always want to remember this moment or this lesson." Then, I imagine myself standing at their funeral in front of all the other people whose lives were touched by this person, speaking of the wonderful moments we shared and passing along how he or she impacted my life.

It's weird, but I do it. It's not morbid, I don't think. I become overwhelmed with love for the person and want to share it with others. The first opportunity that pops into my head to do this is at their funeral - celebrating their life.

Many times, I express how I feel about the person in their annual birthday cards - recap lessons I've learned from them, thank them for the impact they've had on my life, but for some reason I want to make sure, at that person's final congregation, that my words are heard.

I have yet to bring myself to writing down the memories for myself. That makes their inevitable expiration more of a reality and I haven't gone there yet.

Does anyone else think this way?

1 comment:

yusufyusuf said...

Hi..!
Nice blog...
Have a nice day...


06.06 ©

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...