Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

6.03.2009

New Windows

I have begun the search for a company to install new windows in my grandmother's rental property where I happen to live.

I started with a wonderful online tool called ServiceMagic. I submitted the project I was looking to complete to their website and within 24 hours I have been contacted by 3 companies to set up appointments for an in home estimate. I also reached out to my mom and aunt (who have recently installed new windows and doors at their homes) for referrals - always a good idea to explore those!

I truly have no idea what windows cost, but I do know the breakdown of the company I'm looking for. I'm looking for a smaller company with good customer feedback and low overhead. Smaller, but not brand new - I want an established company that won't disappear in a year. After all, I would like to pass along my own referral should the opportunity arise and if the company is gone, where does that leave my referral and potential warranty? I'd like someone who is flexible and quick and quotes a fair price. Fancy brochures and a flashy show room are actually a turn off - they're just windows.

That's my dream anyway. I'm meeting with my first company tomorrow morning between 7 and 8 - we'll see if they're on time and take me seriously even though I'm not writing the check. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...