In an effort to use all my bounty from Bountiful Baskets, I've taken to making smoothies in the mornings using this helpful little guy. Someone just asked me what my recipe was, so I decided to share with you!
By using the frozen fruit (thanks for the tip Jamey), I don't have to add any ice. This makes about 20 ounces of smoothie and is a great texture. Does anyone have any smoothie recipes they like?
- 5 frozen strawberries (I remove the stems before I freeze)
- 1 frozen banana (cut up, then frozen)
- 1 Activia yogurt
- 1 cup soy milk (I use the 4 oz. yogurt container as a measuring cup)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (again with the yogurt measuring cup)
- Another fresh fruit - I've used mangos, pears, apples, oranges, grapefruit
- Emergen-C vitamin packet (my own vitamin Boost, just like Jamba Juice!)
- Method: combine everything and blender until all fruit is mixed in
Here's one I tried and didn't like... It sounded good in theory, but I didn't care for the peanut butter.
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk (soy, regular, almond, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp. ground flax seed and/or wheat germ (optional)
- Method: In a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth, and serve immediately.