Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

2.28.2011

our first christmas (better late than never)

Here is the story of our first Christmas that I found tucked away in my drafts folder...

On Christmas Eve, I was instructed that I needed to go to bed so that Josh could prepare one of my presents.  In that moment, I reverted back to my younger years when I would lay in excited anticipation for Santa to deliver my loot.  "Really?" I thought.   "I have to stay in here."  It's funny how you don't want to do something until someone tells you you can't.

On Christmas morning, when I opened a small silver box and discovered a clue, I was intrigued.  It was a treasure hunt to find my present!  Pajama-clad and dreary-eyed, I had a tough time deciphering some of the clues without any caffeine, but nonetheless, I was more than thrilled to discover that my clever, smart and handy husband had installed a new CD changer in my car!

Not wanting an after-market CD changer, Josh had found a junk yard on Ebay that sold a 2005 Mazda 3 thingamajigger (whole middle part).  He installed only the CD changer so that we wouldn't have to submit the car to the dealership for possible computer "un-locking" issues.


Now that I FINALLY have a CD player back in my car, I have offered a heart-felt sayonara to the morning radio shows that I begrudgingly tuned in to each morning.  After a year and a half without a CD player, I am in heaven to have it back.  What a luxury!

If that weren't enough, I saved even BETTER for last!  There was another light-as-a-feather box under the tree with my name on it.  I opened it to find another piece of paper:



You see, Josh had been practicing his keyboard for the better part of a month.  He played with headphones on, so I could only hear the noise of they keys depressing in an unintelligible rhythm.  And today was the day I got to hear the song he had been practicing:  Billy Joel's "She's Got a Way".  This wasn't any ordinary song, but it was our first dance song from our wedding day.

He sang and played and I swooned and cried.  It was such a sweet and heartfelt gift that only he could give me.  I am so blessed to have such a creative and lovely husband.

Here is the original.  I couldn't find a live video, which is what I would have preferred.


Christmas is such a special time of year.  Josh really hit it out of the park in 2010.

2 comments:

Yarsh said...

Not that it matters, but I actually learned the song in about 2 days, but played it at least twice every day thereafter to make sure I didn't forget on Christmas Morning ;-)

Torill said...

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...