Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

12.28.2010

my favorite things: technology

A few months ago, Josh and I began to simplify our grocery shopping and errand running by utilizing our Android phones.  We use an app called Our Groceries, but there are many different options to choose from.  I also looked at Remember the Milk before I decided on Our Groceries.  Note:  These apps are not limited to only Android phones!  Check the websites for compatibility with your phone.

Here's how it works:  As I think of items I need to pick up from various stores, I pull out my phone (I'm never far from it) and add it to the list.  The beauty about Our Groceries is that you can have multiple lists going at once.  For example, we have the following lists:  Costco, CVS, Fry's, Lowes, Safeway, Target, Walgreens and Walmart.  Within each store, you can categorize your items by department or aisle for additional efficiency.

Now here's the kicker:  You can share your list with your entire household!  If Josh thinks of something we need, he can add it to the list real time.  Conversely, Josh and I can divide and conquer the grocery store crossing off the items we've each picked up.  It immediately updates on my phone that Josh has already crossed off whatever items he gets.  It's so wonderful!

Our Groceries is also great for last minute stuff, too!  If I am out running errands and Josh thinks of something else we need, he can add the item to our list and I will see it as I'm shopping.  Once, he just added "I love you!" to the list... awww.  He's so dang sweet.

This innovation was too life changing to not share!  It's always nice to find something that frees up your time so that you could spend it doing something meaningful.  Let me know if you try it.  I would love to hear any other tips and tricks to make the most out of it.  Also, let me know if you really like a different app that I didn't include.  I always like to try new things!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...