Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

5.25.2010

Day One: Spending Zero Money

So last night, as I pumped gas in preparation for 10 days with no financial transactions, I felt a bit of anxiety.  I looked quickly toward the convenient store at the gas station.  "Do I need anything in there?"  The fact of the matter is that there are only four basic needs:  food, water, clothing and shelter.  I have plenty of all of the above to live for 10 days without spending a penny.

The purpose or inspiration for this challenge came from my own volition.  Between wedding planning and house buying and furnishing, there is a need for a respite in the monetary expenditures department, a time to settle in and enjoy our new home without focusing on that one more thing that we need.

Caveat:  Just yesterday, my parents invited Josh and I to the driving range on Wednesday.  I quickly realized that I could not go unless Josh already had a pre-paid driving range card.  Josh read my post yesterday and figured that soon he would be paying for me, that way I am not spending any money.  However, this is not the case.  No money from Josh (or anyone else) will be spent on me for the next ten days.  Although, if Josh had a left over Crackerjax card from a previous trip to the driving range, that could be used for my benefit.  You see how it goes.

This will be an interesting 10 days.  I am excited to share the adventure with you and challenge you to do it, as well!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...