Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

5.28.2010

Day Four: Spending Zero Money

Money Spent: $0
So far:  I love this challenge!  It's nice to relax and spending money makes you focus outward instead of inward.

How it's going:  Great!  I am thrilled to report that I have not spent any money.  Wednesday a group of colleagues and I went to Dress for Success, an amazing non-profit organization for a tour.  On the way back, we stopped at Costco to pick up a couple of things and I was good!  In the face of temptation, I said no.  I could have bought a ton of things!

It's been tricky though because I am not allowing other people to pay for me either.  I want my existence to not cost any money for 10 days.  But, free food in our cafeteria is only free to me.  There is a cost for it.  I just don't pay it.  And electricity costs money.  You see what I mean.  So, I'm working on where to draw the line realistically.  Wednesday night, I skipped the driving range with Josh and my parents because buckets of balls cost money.  My parents offered to treat me, but I decided that counted as spending money.

Not spending money over the holiday weekend seems like I should be able to do it!  Gearing up for a baby shower, housewarming and BBQ/swim parties.  I will post an update after the weekend!

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...