Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

8.03.2009

Living in a Material World

As tough economic times continue to invade every moment of everyday, I have become more and more aware of the association of material possessions to my happiness. Let me tell you, having roommates helps to disband this connection.

MacKenzie and I have always had the understanding that with proper care (and following intended washing instructions), we share clothes. We both understand that we both suffer from a medical condition, commonly affecting women, known as 'I-have-nothing-to-wear' syndrome. We have plenty of clothes, but there is something exciting and enticing about looking through someone else's closet for something to wear.

However, there have been times where I have gone to get ready for something and the key component to the outfit I had planned was missing. Apparently, other than being best friends, we're also psychic and want to wear the same thing on the same day. This dynamic (and also the fact that my finances have been cut) has taught me that clothes do not make the man... or woman as the case may be.

There is something to be said for finding the silver lining in every situation and in my case, lower paychecks and missing clothing items have forced me to examine making the most of out what I do have rather than focusing on what I don't have. Whether what I don't have is a fiscal issue or roommate situation, it's really not about wanting what I don't have, but being happy with what I do.

And what I do have is a whole lot to be thankful for!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...