Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

6.18.2009

Seattle Day One

We made it to Seattle in one piece! My flight was a little late which left Josh waiting at SeaTac for me, but he's a patient guy, so it was not a big deal! Lauren and Buffett picked us up and dropped us off at the Hotel Vintage Park, one of the three Kimpton Hotels in Seattle. We were greeted by Wendy who actually had worked at FireSky a couple of years ago to help out for a month or so. HVP was oversold and they needed to send us to another hotel. Of course, the Monaco and Alexis (sister Kimpton properties) were also sold out - good problem to have! So we're at Hotel 1000 at least for another couple of hours before we go back to HVP. Hotel 1000 is nice. The room is big and there's a virtual golf course in the basement. I'm going to check it out in a bit and I don't think Josh will mind.

Last night we had a beer across the street at the bar at the Alexis Hotel (where we will be staying the last three nights we're here). Then, we walked to Pike's Market and had dinner on the patio at the Pink Door. I had THE best gnocchi ever and a salad. Josh had filet and truffled mashed potatoes - YUM! Then we walked back to the hotel and had a beer in the lounge and listened to a classical/flamenco guitarist named Charlie.

I think we're going to head to the Space Needle and Experience Music Project today using downtown Seattle's free buses. But first we have to pack up and move back to HVP...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...