Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

2.13.2009

Friday the 13th

Day one of required time off work has begun with the arrival of my period. Yay. Welcome to February! I'm glad to have you as your arrival marks the end of my influx of hormones.

It is Friday the 13th. Months that begin on Sunday always have a Friday the 13th and since February has only 28 days, we will be blessed with another Friday the 13th next month as well!

I personally don't feel any superstition toward Friday the 13th. One superstition that I do honor is not drinking the glass of water that sat on my bedside table over night. Superstition says that the water attracts evil and bad dreams while you are sleeping and to drink it could be bad. So I don't. I also knock on wood. I pay attention when black cats cross my path which actually happens more often than you might think. But that's about it.

Other than that, I think luck only gets you so far. After that, you have to make your own!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...