Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

8.01.2008

"Let me down, Daddy!" Love is actually - all around.

Standing in line at security at the airport, there were people outside of the security line anxiously waiting for their anticipated arrivals. A girl of about 4 years was in the arms of her father looking with excitement at each face of the passengers rounding the corner. I wondered who she was looking for. It was my turn in line and I took off my shoes and pulled out my laptop. I placed my plastic baggie of liquids and gels into the bin with my other belongings when I heard the girl yell, "Let me down, Daddy! Let me down!" She kicked her legs emphatically and her happiness could be felt in the sound of her voice. I smiled as I realized she had seen whomever she was expecting. I wanted so badly to see who it was, but I had to present my boarding pass and continue through to pick up my x-rayed items. She was so excited to see the arriving passenger. It was such a wonderful scene to start my trip. It reminded me of the scene from Love Actually. I love airports for this reason - so full of emotion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...