Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

6.03.2008

So I have this Chronicles of Narnia Special Edition Chapstick that is kind of like some of my friends.

Some of its inherent traits are quite unlike my friends - like the fact that it is Magical Melon flavored and is SPF 15 and part of the goo has melted and re-solidified itself into the lid.

But other aspects are quite similar.

This Chapstick was brought in my life 119 weeks, 6 days and about 19 hours ago*. You might be saying, "Wow. She's had that Chapstick a long time." And I completely agree. And no, I haven't been neglecting my lips. I just have other Chapsticks that do the job. But my Chronicles of Narnia Special Edition Magical Melon Chapstick is by far my favorite.

It will stay in my purse or my desk or my bathroom for some time until it no longer does. Once I can no longer find it, I carry on with my daily life and fill the void with the black Chapstick or the blue Chapstick, but I always have the memory of Magical Melon lingering - knowing I will never find it again. Come on! It was special edition and I will never find another!

Then one sensational day it will turn up! I will catch a glimpse of it beneath the car seat (hence the melted part) or I will find it in an old purse and for that wonderfully pure moment of re-unity my life is whole. The void is filled once more and Magical Melon and I are together once again! It is bliss. It is fantastic. If Magical Melon could run, we would be the slow-motion scene running through the field of flowers to embrace in a truly heart-warming, gut-wrenching, teary-eyed hug. The kind where you grab each other's face, look into one another's eyes and they well up with tears and you wrap your arms around the other and the tears just start flowing. Ok, well maybe I am being dramatic. But that is how I feel when I find my Chronicles of Narnia Special Edition Magical Melon Chapstick.

And when it leaves my life again, I am not devastated, rather pleased. We share some wonderful times together and then Magical Melon is gone again. I carry on and the next time I come across MM, the same beautiful experience inspires me all over. I have friends just like my Chronicles of Narnia Special Edition Magical Melon Chapstick. How lucky am I?

*This Chapstick was a gift, therefore I actually do remember the date and time it came into my life. Pretty fancy, huh?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...