Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

11.05.2006


Last weekend, Michael and Catherine got married. In a flurry of games, fun and necessary wedding protocol, I met and got to briefly know some really amazing people with whom I hope to remain friends. It is so rare to find people after college that you click with so well because you simply aren't given many good and non-awkward opporunities to meet people. It's strange, but each person I met has seemed to inspire me. I guess I was getting comfortable in my little world of work, volunteering and hanging out with my family. But I guess you could say last weekend burst my bubble - in a good way. Getting to know Kimmy, Matt, Scott, Catherine and Jacob reminded me in a way that there is life outside my bubble. I feel a strange return to innocence. I like Kimmy's analogy of it being like summer camp. The real world was so far away and made room in us to bond beyond the everyday do-your-own-thing-and-get-by mentality.

Summer camp should be mandatory for all adults.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to post a comment. Summer camp -- great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...