Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

4.08.2011

it's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake

So, Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants turned 30 last Friday, and to celebrate I made a cake!  Jane helped decorate and my co-workers lent their lovely singing voices to create a little video.  We entered the video into a contest against all Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants.  Other hotels had their pastry chefs create a masterpiece, so we may not win by skill, but we should sure win for creativity and effort!

The fondant was made from a short cut recipe here:   What's Cooking America  Not only was it "easy" but it tastes yummy, too!

Special thanks to Abbi for filming and directing the cake decorating!  I wouldn't have even tackled this without your consult and help.  If we win, you're coming to the party to celebrate!

Here is our video:



I'll let you know if we win!!

1 comment:

Cart Ridges said...

What a neat post! Looking forward for more post from you. Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...