Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

3.16.2011

Harley is eating again!






Dreary eyed, I started the morning routine an hour earlier today since I have to be at work at 7 a.m.  Peanut was especially difficult this morning, but alas did not spit out his Clavamox or his Enisyl.  Poley did great, but wasn't too interested in his food - maybe it was just performance anxiety because I was staring with baited breath to make sure he ate.

The best news of the morning is that overnight Harley ate her food!!  After over a week of not eating and having to be force fed, she finally ate on her own.  I did a little celebration dance, ran to wake Josh up and gave her a little high five.  She is getting better!

Anorexia with the kitties is an issue because if they don't eat, their livers can fail.  For our little tubs of love, Peanut and Poley, it's especially important that they don't become anorexic, because their weight will make their livers fail more quickly.  Luckily, it seems they are enjoying their special treat of wet food while they are sick.  Go figure.

I have been so happy with the care we have received, both cats and humans, at VCA Mountain View Animal Hospital.  Dr. Dalrymple has been so sweet even talking me down off the ledge as I cried in the exam room when I confessed that all three kitties were sick.  I felt so guilty that we brought Harley home to two cats who had not been vaccinated.  Dr. Dalrymple was kind and told me not to worry - that we would get them better together.  I truly recommend visiting him if you ever need to take your animals to a vet.  I also would recommend vaccinating your animals before you bring a new one home - we learned that one the hard way.

Harley's Quarantine:  10 days
Days Harley Has Eaten on Her Own: 1 day
Peanut & Poley's Quarantine: 4 days
Days Peanut & Poley Have Eaten on Their Own: 4 days
Number of cat scratches on me:  8

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...