Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

11.22.2010

the most wonderful time of the year.

There are several moments every year that I long for:
the first cold morning of the year
&
the first Christmas song on the radio

The first breath of crisp, cold air is refreshing.  It marks the beginning of a season known for family laughter, over-eating and warming your hands with a hot beverage.  It means cozy sweaters, soft scarves and stylish boots.  It means that it is time to bring out the fuzzy socks and the Snuggy.

Last week, Josh asked if I wanted the new Glee Christmas album.  But alas, it was too early.  Although, today on my commute home, in a moment of solitude, I turned on KEZ to their Christmas music and savored a moment with Hark! The Herald Angel Sings.

Christmas music and its recognizable melodies and lyrics about peace and hope make me SO HAPPY!!!  It is delightful caffeine for my soul.  Just like the first cold morning, Christmas music signals the beginning of fires in fire places, hugs from grandparents and decking the halls!

I love this time of year!

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.  ~Norman Vincent Peale

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...