Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

5.23.2010

Happy World Turtle Day!

May 23rd is World Turtle Day and to celebrate, I thought I would share photos of Cousteau and Kaylee, both red-eared sliders, in their new habitat on my back patio.

Cousteau and Kaylee belong to my sister, Jamie, who is in Pinetop for the summer counting bears.  Yes, counting bears.  She works for Arizona Game & Fish!  For the summer, I have my niece and nephew turtles and a giant algae eater in a huge stock tank with homemade fixins'!  Jamie made the filter, plastic chicken wire cover and center platform for turtle basking.

These are all photos of Cousteau (the boy).  You can tell because he has long claws.  Kaley has stumpy little hands.

Jamie has had the turtles for about 3 years now.  Here is what they looked like when she first got them.  First Cousteau, then Kaylee.  So cute!!


They both swim up to the top of the tank when I come over since they have learned that I feed them!  I will share more pictures as summer goes on.  Hopefully, I'll catch them basking on their platform.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...