Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

11.18.2008

Subway in Scottsdale

Han and I stood on the balcony to room 262. Staring off in a daze considering every minute detail of the landscape that lay in front of us, we waited for the sun light to move approximately 7 feet.

While we were waiting, Han, who is our photographer from Toronto who is staying with us for over two weeks, asks me if we have Subway here.

"Oh sure," I reply. "You go out this way," I point, "And turn right on Chaparral. Then go right at your first light on Miller. You'll go down a little over a mile and you'll see it on your left before the light at Indian School."

I pause. "Or you can take our shuttle. You didn't rent a car, did you?"

He shook his head, "No. I did not."

We then resume our observation of natural light exposure for a while longer, gazing out over the balcony. During the silence, I consider Han's question of the existence of a Subway here in Scottsdale. I then realize.

"Han, you didn't mean Subway as in sandwiches, did you?" I ask him laughing.

Han laughs. "Uh no. I did not," he replied with his fantastic Korean accent.

"Because subway transportation," I explain embarrassed and now talking more so with my hands, "We do not have." I am now laughing harder. "But if you want a sandwich, we've got that!"

Poor guy would have shown up at the wrong Subway before we both realized. I'm glad that I realized before he got that far!

HA!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...