Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

11.25.2008

Shh... you're scaring the kids.

I was leaning over the wall of the sting ray tank tonight at the Phoenix Zoo (I didn't even know this existed at the Phoenix Zoo!) with my youngest cousin Lilah and my uncle Chris to my left and strangers to my right. We had our sleeves rolled up and our hands in the water. The sting rays were swimming in a clockwise direction and Lilah (2) and I were petting them. As one passed and I got a pet of it, it turned back at me and I pulled my hand out of the water with a shriek.

I looked around and no one seemed to be disturbed. I was truly scared though! Lilah seemed unfazed by my reaction to the sting ray nearly biting my hand off. So I regained my composure and put my hand back in the water for more petting. Then, again! The bastard comes at me! He's flying out of the water and splashes above the surface straight at my face! This time, my reaction is a bit less discreet. I scream and pull my hand out of the water so fast - let me tell you, it was fast!

Somehow at least thirty children under age 10 managed to calmly pet the sting rays with out squealing in fear. I suppose I was not quite as brave - not tonight anyway!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...