Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

11.09.2008

It's ok to be picky!

It occurred to me tonight as I drove by an ex boy friend's apartment complex* that it's ok to be picky. In fact, I would rather have some seriously picky people in my life.

The moral of the example is to never sign a lease at the first apartment complex you look at. You want your apartment to appreciate you, don't you? You want your apartment to know that you've looked around, met some other nice apartments, gotten kinda serious with some other apartments (i.e. almost put down a deposit (??)), but instead, you weighed out all the possibilities and you CHOSE your apartment. You didn't settle for it. You didn't land there... get comfy and not want to leave, but rather wanted to be there. You didn't rush into making a decision and then have to deal with the consequences.

It takes time, but both parties wanting to be there, rather than landing there, is a good foundation. Now go! Be picky! Take your time and make a good decision.

*It was on my way home. I am not a stalker. He does not even live there anymore, I don't think.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...