Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

11.26.2008

Happy 100th Post! Dry Cleaner Quick Change...

As I am sure you will share my jubilation for the execution of my 100th post, I wanted to make sure that I told an extra-special tale...

Apparently changing your clothes in the dry cleaner parking lot is not as uncommon as one might think! On my way to work on Monday, I dropped off my dry cleaning from the week prior. Monday night was the second-to-last night of our photo shoot here at the resort and as I got in to my car to drive home, I realized the cleaners were already closed. Oh crumbs...

Tuesday morning as I was plannig out what to wear, I found myself in the funk where many a woman finds themselves from time to time: I did not want to wear a single thing in my closet, armoir or dresser. Everything I had in front of me was a total turn off. Then, I remembered my dry cleaning! Yay! So I threw on a pair of jeans (one of the two pairs that I haven't grown out of in my new "filling out" stage of life) and a work appropriate top that didn't make me want to vomit and I rushed out the door to the cleaners.

As I pulled up, the line at the cleaners was clear out the door! As I waited I considered the fact that I had planned on bringing my dry cleaning in to the office to change once I got there. However, this is slightly tacky as dressing for work should be done outside of the workplace. So, I hence decided that I would change my clothes in my car. I just had to slide on my black pants and throw on my jacket. How hard could it be? Then I realized the heavy morning traffic in the parking lot.

As I approached my car, laundry in hand, I surveyed the lot for privacy assurance. There was another woman walking to her car, apparently parked next to mine, but other than that I was safe. I got in my car and un-wrapped my pants from their plastic-donned hanger. Now, I just had to wait until the woman next door drove away. As I was sitting and waiting I happened to glance over in her direction! She was, indeed doing the same thing I was intending to do! Ahhhh hahahahaha! This was hysterically funny to me! She had no issue with changing next to me, so I quickly stripped my pants and did the same.

I wonder how often that happens! It seems to me to be a regular occurrence!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...