Hello Friends!

My life has gotten a little more grown up lately... New forever love of my life, new house, new job and officially a honeymooner Mrs.! Everything is a shiny adventure and untrodden territory. Follow along as I navigate the world of being a grown up!

6.30.2008

smile.

Someone I just met expressed an interest in finding out what makes me smile. Whether or not it is a tried and true line to pick up smiling young women or an honest question, the inquisition got me thinking.

What does make me smile?

Here is what I have come up with thus far...

I smile when:

1. I have nothing left to say.
It is impossible to persuade a man who does not disagree, but smiles. ~Muriel Spark
2. I have something to say, but I don't want to say it.
A smile is the chosen vehicle of all ambiguities ~Herman Melville
3. I re-connect with old friends.
She gave me a smile I could feel in my hip pocket. ~Raymond Chandler
4. I catch someone looking at me.
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword. ~Charles Reade
5. I am dancing.
A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. ~Phyllis Diller
6. I am laughing (duh, but it does apply) HA! I just pictured someone laughing with out smiling.
A laugh is a smile that bursts. ~Mary H. Waldrip
7. I am swimming alone on a hot afternoon.
If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it. ~Andy Rooney
8. I find something I was looking for.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare
9. I try something new.
A smile will gain you ten more years of life. ~Chinese Proverb
10. I find something new that inspires me.
Smile - it increases your face value. ~Author Unknown

So obviously I do not limit my smiles to the above top-ten, but those are the broad generalizations.

Even if the question was only asked to get into my pants, it was something that I realized I didn't really know the answer to. I am thankful that I gave it some thought and figured out what makes me smile.

What makes you smile?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...